When we went to go to bed, it happened. Something I've been dreading. I didn't manage to fall asleep right away. My mind went right to the place it fears most: death.
I started to think. What if it all really is a lie? What if there is no Heaven, that we are all destined to an eternity of blackness? That we just stop existing? I started to think about Mike. My chest started to tighten, I started sobbing. The panic attack was coming. Before I lost it completely, I began to pray.
I prayed for Mr & Mrs Anderson. I prayed for Nils and David. I prayed for Chris, Jimmy, and Patrick. Serina and Cristina. The people of Waianae who loved Mike so much. I prayed for Mike himself. Then I think I prayed for peace within my own soul, for sleep. I'm not entirely sure. But the next thing I knew it was morning. I prayed myself to sleep. Kind of a neat feeling.
I hate premises like that for this exact reason. I struggle with my belief in God as it is and I hate watching things like that that get me thinking and worrying about that. I stay up at night and wonder the same things sometimes. It's awful.
ReplyDeleteI think it's neat that you prayed yourself to sleep <3