Friday, February 12, 2010

it's closer than i thought.

Today is the day.
My chest feels really tight, I feel anxious, I feel like I'm about to cry constantly. In about five hours Chris and I will be leaving here to head to Mike's services. Chris is really emotional, and not handling it well. He threw a fit at me this morning over something very simple. He apologized, but I knew why he did it. The sadness is all over his face, as it is mine. Last night we spoke to several of our friends, and they all had similar stories.
"I don't know what to feel. I might just shut down entirely."
"I'm gearing up for round two of grieving."
"My heart keeps fluttering like I'm nervous. I feel a big sense of trepidation."
Someone told me to give my anxiety to God. But I don't really know how. I've been holding onto my own emotions for so long, it's hard to think of casting them away.
I'm going to my meeting with Campbell today. Knowing what is coming, I could use a good talk today, and plenty of prayer. I intend to spend most of this afternoon in prayer. For the Andersons, of course...and for all of us.

Psalms 22:19

No comments:

Post a Comment