Wednesday, June 1, 2011

what i wrote wednesday


and welcome back to the second installment of what i wrote wednesday. why am i so late in the day? the xbox is hogging the wifi. that jerk.
anyway.
this weeks piece is pretty self-explanatory, i think. but! there are some hidden meanings in there, if anyone really wants to do a line by line analysis or something. 
that actually might be really cool.
so without further not so witty banter, i give you this weeks piece - blade.

I hold you in my palm
feel your sharp edges bite into me
your coldness creates my warmth
I linger at the cliff
teetering on disaster
wanting just a little taste
wondering if you will soothe this ache
or if I should leave you there
never giving a piece
and hoping that we can go back
to when we were so close
but you would never
rest against my flesh
when I held you in my hand
so many years ago
I wondered if you would ruin me
I think I would have let you
you aren’t supposed to make me feel this.
you aren’t supposed to make me want this.
you aren’t supposed to be this close.
steel against skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment