Saturday, January 21, 2012
After Effects - Part 3 (Day 3)
I want to be inside the quiet.
I want to become it.
I sit and stare into the road
dust and stones littering the sides
no one sees
no one cares to see
no one sees the girl
staring off into the blue
teetering on the edge
of safety and destruction
the trees look dead
no leaves on their branches
the lush green of spring nowhere to be found
the sun hides behind the clouds
bathing the world in shadow
stealing the blue from her eyes.
- friday -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is a slow burn
from your fingertips. Your toes.
It moves through you
covering every inch of your body
until you sweat with its heat
until you are engulfed in its flame
no breeze can cool it
no drink can quench it
your veins. Your heart.
your very soul
driven mad with its heat
your mind fragmented
until your thoughts
come together as one.
stop the burning.
put out the fire.
before it becomes you
before you are reduced to ash.
- burning -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment