Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Warning Signs - Part 1 (Day 2)

“what do you mean he’s gone?”
“where did he go?”
if I close my eyes I can
still remember every moment
the snow swirled outside the window
piling up to our knees
the blanket tucked around my legs
as I worked with crystal and chain
the calls, the emails
frantic, heart pounding
until finally the worst is known
my heart falls
the crystal and chain fall to the floor
I can’t breathe
chest tight
refusing to believe
that the light had gone out
the snow swirled outside the window
the clouds hiding the sun.

- one twenty nine ten -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sitting in the dark
looking for a way to the light
trying, always trying
heading forward, still moving backward
alone and hollow
aching to be filled
to be loved, needed
wanted.
losing the battle
forfeiting the war
is it even worth the fight?
the pain?
seems simpler to give up.
disappear. vanish.
would anybody even notice?
would anybody even care?


- jumble -

No comments:

Post a Comment