Thursday, January 19, 2012
Lauren.
Almost one year ago, while I was in the hospital, I met a girl named Lauren. She was a bright light in that dark place, helping me feel better, keeping me out of my own head. I know she was troubled, I know that she was like me. We had fun together, playing games, laughing at everything in that place.
And now she's dead.
She's gone. We kept in touch. She seemed like she was ok, like she was getting better. But I guess she really was like me, could put up a good front. And now she's gone. Gone. I can't believe it. I am in shock. I can't believe that one year after she was hospitalized, one year after I thought we were ok, she's gone. She's dead. She finally did it.
My heart breaks for her. What if there was more I could have done? What if I could have helped her?
So many what ifs.
But she's still dead.
Gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And you aren't dead. And So many are happy you are still here. It is awful to hear about what happened to her. But I am so glad that you are still here and will keep being here.
ReplyDelete